[ltp] Re:Q: safe partition resize tool?

Subrahmanyam Wuppalapati linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 06:50:50 -0400

Oleg,

I partitioned my R51 two weeks back using qtparted from Knoppix. It
was pretty simple and straightforward .. just to let you know  this is
coming from someone who didn't know what partioning meant three weeks
back.

>what tool can you recommend that will make no harm to
hidden partition?
Partition Magic apparently is pretty handy if you are willing to pay
the money..But I used Qtparted just without anyproblem and all is
well..

>Is it safe to remove the main partition, and create a new partition?
Just make sure you make the backup discs or order them from IBM before
you do anything to the predesktop area.

>Is 'parted' safe to use?
Guess it is but you need to know more. Qtparted on the otherhand has a
GUI so simpler.

Subbu.