[ltp] Thinkpad r50p: serious slowness at restart.

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:34:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Mario Giammarco wrote:

> But I have a serious problem: when I wake up it again I have serious
> slugginess.
>
> I have done some checks and I have discovered with hdparm that when I
> fresh start my machine I obtain 30mb/s from hard disk. When I
> suspend/hibernate and I wake up it again I obtain only 3 mb/s.

Are you using DMA in both cases?  Does 'top' show a CPU hog?  Are
CPU-bound processes slow, or only disk activity?

VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
for you.  Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
head impaled upon a stick.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_