[ltp] R51 doesn't resume from Suspend to ram properly

fritsch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:47:28 +0200

Jan Girlich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Niels Stargardt schrieb:
>
>> Hi Jan,
>> I'm sorry that I not really an kernel expert, but I have 3 hints which
>> could eventually help:
>> 1. Use the newest BIOS and ACPI-Patches.
>

> I applied the newest BIOS and thinkpad-embedded-stuff for my thinkpad.
> No change.
> So I tried the latest acpi-stable and acpi-latest patches from
> acpi.sf.net. But those won't apply on a 2.6.9-Kernel.

latest working acpi patches, are already included in kernel 2.6.9 since
rc4  (http://acpi.sourceforge.net/
> Now I'm experimenting with a 2.6.8.1-kernel but can't find the
> swsusp2-patches for this one anymore. :(
> I tell you in a while if the 2.6.8.1-Kernel worked for me.
>
>> 2. Try to switch with Strg+Alt+F1 to console. Suspend to ram then and
>> wake up. Perhaps this will work.

swsusp2 patches:
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1412

>> 3. Try to remove as much modules as possible, perhaps one of it makes
>> the trouble. A more sophisticated approach is to try to find out which
>> module is responsible for MCE or Bank 1.

In 2.6.9 you do not have to remove ehci_hcd or uhci_hcd anymore, they
resume successfully, add this hack (magic code *g*) to your bootloader conf:
in lilo: /etc/lilo.conf (acpi_sleep=s3_bios is the important thing)

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9
 append="apm=off acpi=on acpi_sleep=s3_bios resume2=swap:/dev/hdaX"
 label=his_Name
 read-only

dont forget to run lilo or so afterwards

> I'll test this right after kernel 2.6.8.1 compiled.
>
> Did you get it running at all?
>
> Next report in a few minutes.
> Jan

- --
		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B