[ltp] R51 doesn't resume from Suspend to ram properly

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:11:31 +0200

Jan Girlich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> fritsch schrieb:
>
>> latest working acpi patches, are already included in kernel 2.6.9 since
>> rc4  (http://acpi.sourceforge.net/
>

> Ah! Good to now!
>
>>> Now I'm experimenting with a 2.6.8.1-kernel but can't find the
>>> swsusp2-patches for this one anymore. :(
>>> I tell you in a while if the 2.6.8.1-Kernel worked for me.
>>

>> swsusp2 patches:
>> http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1412
>

> That's exactly my problem. They aren't there anymore. There are just the
> latest ones for Kernel 2.6.9 which don't work with 2.6.8.1

You can use 2.6.9 i would not stick to 2.6.8.1, (cd writing issues etc.)

> I use grub. But I appended the options you told me here and that's half
> the problem!!
> Now I can suspend to ram and wake up again, but my screen is scattered.
> When I switch from the console where I suspended to the X-server and
> back everything is okay again.

Okay, thats cool, just add to your acpi sleep script
and now you should be able to suspend from X directly, perhaps you even
don`t need to change anymore?

#!/bin/bash
chvt 1 #switches to console 1
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
chvt 7 #switch back to the xserver

> I'll investigate this a little more.
>
> Thanks!
> Jan

Peter

- --
		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B