[ltp] TP T4xx Wireless Options

Loïc Minier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:20:11 +0200

"D. Sen" <dsen@ieee.org> - Sun, Oct 24, 2004:

> About to order a T42p. I see three wireless options and am wondering
> which work with linux.

 All of them.

> 1) Cisco

 Pure linux kernel will support it.

> 2) Intel

 I think this is going to be integrated in the linux kernel, anyway the
 supporting projects are hosted on SF and seems pretty complete now.

> 3) IBM

 These are Atheros-chip based, and work now quite well with the madwifi
 SF project.  I think the binary blob forbids inclusion in Debian, no
 idea with the inclusion in the Linux kernel.

 I think 1 works better than 2 which works better than 3, but 3 provides
 a/b/g support on some models, and 2 only provides a/b or g/b (but I
 didn't check since a while).  And 1 provides only sypport for b I
 think.

   Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>