[ltp] Power management and Suse

Niels Stargardt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:00:11 +0200

Hi Drew,
I'm not familiar with Suse, because I was annoyed, about the update problems. So I recommend Debian, but anyway. As far as I know every newer kernel is better than an older one, because ACPI is still under development (for example kernel 2.6.9 is the first kernel in which usb support suspend). So by this rule Suse 9.2 must be better. But I suppose the easiest way is only to change the kernel.
I hope you know how to do this under Suse without loosing all the Suse-Patches.

Hope this is useful to you and that you will meet a person which more experience about Suse.
Niels