[ltp] TP T4xx Wireless Options

Martin Spasov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:27:04 +0300

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 15:09, Jan Girlich wrote:
> Steve Harris schrieb:
> > On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:22:01PM +1000, D. Sen wrote:
> >
> >>About to order a T42p. I see three wireless options and am wondering
> >>which work with linux.
> >>
> >>1) Cisco
> >>2) Intel
> >>3) IBM
> >
> > The intel 802.11b card (ipw2100) now works pretty well, but I'm not sure
> > about the Intel a/b/g card or the others.
>
> I've got the ipw2100 too. But it works a little unstable. Many
> firmware-restarts and sometimes randomly connection-losses. On the other
> hand development seems to be very fast.

The problem is in the acpi(apic)/udev/hotplug chain. I have disabled
udev and works w/o restarts.

> I heard a lot of people having problems with the intel 2200 driver for
> a/b/g-cards. Seems like this one doesn't work that good like the ipw2100
> does.

Nope! It works better. I'm using both ipw2100 and ipw2200 minipci
adapters (have several R40 and T42 notebooks) and I'm very happy. I'm
using debian sarge, custom built kernel.

--
Martin Spasov <mspasov@techno-link.com>