[ltp] Power management and Suse

Christoph Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:19:08 +0200

On 24.10.2004 02:02, Drew Cutter wrote:
> I just install suse 9.1 on my T22 laptop. Is the power management that
> comes with suse 9.1 good enough or is their something better for longer
> battery life ? Suse 9.2 ?

On my R40, the powermanagement that came with 9.1 didn't work out of the
box, I had to switch to APM instead of ACPI and write my own apmd_proxy
script.
Concerning 9.2, SuSE announce that they have greatly improved features
for mobile computers such as power management and that it should work
now on almost all laptops. I expect that there really will be great
improvements, so I would not install 9.1 on a laptop today but wait
until next week and try 9.2

Christoph