[ltp] Re: [ACPI] fan always on: ACPI on IBM ThinkPad R51 (update)

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:48:41 +0200

Frederik Wagner wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Johannes Hofmann wrote:
>
>>On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:39:51PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>>
>>>I added an option in xorg 6.8.0 called "DynamicClocks" that turns on
>>>automatic clock scaling on radeons.  it's not a full powerplay
>>>implementation (I don't think it handles the chip gating and such),
>>>but it does help for some people.
>>>

>>This works great for me on a T42p. Together with Enhanced Speedstep the
>>fan stays quiet almost all the time.
>

> I would love to have a quite T41... When is Debian finally releasing
> some xorg packages? Does anybody know? (I don't want to switch the
> distribution).

That's a good question. Probably not before xorg is seriously outdated (to
match all the other Debian software). Until then you may go here and
follow the instructions:

http://pompone.cs.ucsb.edu/~graziano/PowerPlay.html

br,
	Fionn