[ltp] TP T4xx Wireless Options

Bill Wohler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:22:12 -0700

"D. Sen" <dsen@ieee.org> writes:

> About to order a T42p. I see three wireless options and am wondering
> which work with linux.
>
> 1) Cisco
> 2) Intel

I've haven't gotten the ipw2100 drivers working on my T40 at work due to
a lot of kernel modifications necessary, but I haven't tried in a while.
There appear to be Debian packages for it now, so it might have gotten
easier.

> 3) IBM

I've been using the madwifi drivers from SourceForge on my T40p at home
for a year and a half now. No problems to report. Easy to install.
128-bit encryption.