[ltp] Suspend to ram and usb-stick

Niels Stargardt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:17:14 +0200

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:37:36 +0200
Ronald Hitz <Ronald.Hitz@ivx.de> wrote:

> Hi Niels,
>
> I have also the experimental Option of USB suspend/resume set to
> off.
>
> And I don't need to unload the Moduls ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd.
> They should leave RAM from acpi-software.
Yes at 2.6.9 you are right. But it has no influence on the problem of usb-stick.

> Which module makes your USB-Stick work ?
usb-storage. I think at www.gnulinux.de there is an description (in German) how to make usb-stick work. But the module will be load automatic. Manual loading after suspend doesn't fix the problem.
If the usb-storage module is loaded you have to figure out the scsi-device. The first stick gets /dev/sda (or sda1 if there exist a partition on the stick) the second /dev/sdb and so on. If you don't know that you are the second one it can be a little bit confusing.

Niels