[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #662 - 14 msgs

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Thomas Hood wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 21:27, Niels Stargardt wrote:
>
> >  and you have another running daemon
>
> The ALSA drivers don't require, or have, any daemon support.
>
> There _is_ an ALSA initscript but it does not start any daemons.

And you don't even need that, if modules.conf is set up properly (I don't
use it).

VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
for you.  Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
head impaled upon a stick.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_