[ltp] A22e Modem

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:18:53 +0000 (GMT)

The ltmodem drivers should work just fine with the modem installed in the A22e.  I suggest googling for ltmodem.  I cannot remember the location for the original source + binary (Lucent would not release the code to build the core driver).  I know that the driver is available in .rpm format for RedHat/Fedora and in .deb format for Debian (as a matter of fact the project lead runs a Debian based distro.)
I used to keep up with the driver, but now I use another method to connect to the Internet which brings its own set of problems.

James McKenzie

 > On Monday 25 October 2004 18:04, after a long battle with technology,
 > Jeff wrote:
 > > I've got a thinkpad A22e Celeron 800 (2655-27U), and I was wondering
 > > if the modem onboard will work under Linux, or if I'm SOL.
 >
 > Find out.
This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.