[ltp] No power source after hibernation

Johannes Wolter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:15:00 +0200

Hi,

I experienced a strange effect after hibernation. My X31 was running on an AC
adapter and without a battery plugged in when I suspended the system to disk.
Before waking it up I plugged in the battery and removed the AC adapter with
the result, that /proc/acpi told me that neither an AC adapter is connected
nor a battery is plugged in. So my laptop doesn't need any power source...

Does anybody know how to reset the ACPI system?

And another question: When I'm suspending the system to RAM the backlight of
the LCD doesn't switch off. Do I have to do this manually (and if yes, how
should I do this..)

Thanks a lot for any help,
Johannes