[ltp] X30, Intel 830M: DRI won't work

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:35:52 +0100

Jan, Stephan,

Thanks to the both of you, I (as a user) was indeed lacking the
permissions to use DRI. Edited xorg.conf - but still it didn't work.

Running glxinfo with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose_glxinfo showed another
problem: the libGL I had installed needed libexpat.so.1, I only have
libexpat.so.0.4.0. My solution for now was a link from .1 to .0 - DRI
works for now, so I hope there aren't any new functions in .1 that
libGL relies on. And if I have the time, I will update that library as
well.

So now glxgears performance has approx. doubled - still not very much,
but 300fps instead of 140fps (@24bpp) definitly is a speed gain, and
additionally I suppose it won't use as much CPU power in a real ga..
err, application.

Thanks to everyone who led me on the correct path. Next try: swsusp2 with DRI.

Regards, Heiko