[ltp] Integrated Bluetooth + MS Mouse

Maciej M. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:24:28 +0100

Hello,
I would like to ask if anyone have suceeded in configuring
Integrated Bluetooth II (ThinPad T41 2373) on Linux.
I have already configured the BlueZ patch and installed
most of the BlueZ software. The HCItool seems to work fine,
I can get info from the Bluetooth devices. Pinging them
with l2ping is not a problem as well. But I cannot
run my Bluetooth Mouse (MS IntelliExplorer) - I always
get errors like this:
"Could not establish L2CAP server socket" ... or sth like
this. What I have noticed is that there seems to be problem
with the Bluetooth drivers as my bluetooth device (hci0)
has a BD 00:00:00:00:00:00 address and even though it exists
I cannot reset with the "hciconfig hci0 reset" command.
As far as the errors in my syslog file are concerned they
are definitely caused by the wrong BD address.
Please help :)

Maciej M.
mm_opole@op.pl

PS. I have searched the mailing list archive but haven't
found any useful information.
PS2. I use bthid package, my bluetooth works on hci_usb.o
module (is that the right one?)