[ltp] some questions about linux and thinkpad

Fiz Vázquez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:03:49 +0100

--=-rQxdrQkOuCZNXASzynCk

Hi all:

i am interested in buy a thinkpad laptop (for example r50 or r51 one) to
use only with linux. I would like to answer some questions before buy
it.

* works fine the light keyboard with linux?
* what is the best graphic card to use with linux? (radeon mobile 7500,
radeon mobile 9000 or intel extreme 2)
* have this cards good dri support? (i found contradictory information
about that)
* Have this cards (and thinkpad motherboard) suppport for multihead and
xinerama?
* the wireless card ("IBM 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless") works fine in linux?
what is the chipset?

thats all. :) if you have more advise for me it will be wellcome.

thanks for all

--=20
--------->
  +-----------+    vud1@sindominio.net