[ltp] some questions about linux and thinkpad

Ronald Hitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:46:52 +0100

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Hi ,

have look here,

because I could just anser for my machine, R40 2722 5MG,
and that would not be so much refering to your interests:
http://tuxmobil.org/ibm.html

if your interested in some details on R40, I could tell You.

good luck

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:03:49PM +0100, Fiz V=E1zquez wrote:
> Hi all:
>=20
> i am interested in buy a thinkpad laptop (for example r50 or r51 one) to
> use only with linux. I would like to answer some questions before buy
> it.
>=20
> * works fine the light keyboard with linux?
> * what is the best graphic card to use with linux? (radeon mobile 7500,
> radeon mobile 9000 or intel extreme 2)
> * have this cards good dri support? (i found contradictory information
> about that)
> * Have this cards (and thinkpad motherboard) suppport for multihead and
> xinerama?
> * the wireless card ("IBM 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless") works fine in linux?
> what is the chipset?
>=20
> thats all. :) if you have more advise for me it will be wellcome.
>=20
> thanks for all
>=20
>=20