[ltp] RE: [ACPI] fan always on: ACPI on IBM ThinkPad R51

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:05:38 +0000

Thank you for this info.

I opened the laptop and found a three wire connector to the fan, wich
usually means speed control by BIOS. Disconnecting the fan, a "Fan
failure" appears and booting process stops. So I supose the fan speed
and switches are controlled by non-ACPI parts of the BIOS.

In this case, adding a fan device in the dsdt could make ACPI handle the
fan?
Is this possible, or the only way is to modify the BIOS?

Suso.

O 31/8/2004, "Wang, Zhenyu Z" <zhenyu.z.wang@intel.com> escribiu:

sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of susinho@ultreia.org