[ltp] Wireless on T40p using Fedora Core 2

Christian Hauser linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:31:00 +0200

Hello all

I have a Thinkpad T40p (2373-G1G) and installed Fedora Core 2 (dualboot
with WinXP). Now I'd like to get my wireless card up and running. I
already updated the system to kernel 2.6.8 (using yum).

When I checked under Windows what kind of WLAN Mini PCI Adapter I have I
got the following Info (from Device Manager):
Dual-band Wi-Fi Wireless Mini PCI Adapter
Provider: Philips Electronics North America, Inc.
File version: 2.1.10.0

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do to get my wireless adapter
working? I don't even know what chipset (prism?) my mini PCI Wi-Fi card has.

Any tips are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

   Christian