[ltp] Dial-Up Internet through Cell Phone & Bluetooth

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

	I just got a Motorola V710 cell phone with Verizon service.  The
phone supports bluetooth, and I've been able to connect to it using my
ThinkPad bluetooth adapter unser SuSE 9.1.

	Now I'm trying to do dial-up internet through the phone.  I've
heard this is possible (and just uses your regular minutes, which is fine
as I'm only planning to do it for short periods when desperate).  I've
managed to map the phone to a modem device and I was given #777 as the
dial-in number for Verizon.  That works -- I get a connection.  But I'm
getting a CHAP authentication error and it immediately disconnects.

	Has anyone done this, and do you know what username and password I
should use?  (And of course if you're interested in the procedure for
getting "almost there" let me know.)

Thanks,
	Aaron