[ltp] Drivers for the R50p (183222U) wifi?

Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:17:01 -0400

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:11:36 +0200, Niel Lambrechts
<antispam@absamail.co.za> wrote:
> 1. Depends. If you buy the IBM card you can use madwifi with no issues
> afaik.
> 2. ATI's crappy fglrx driver has been through a multitude of releases:
> and still not fixed under ACPI, not sure about APM.
> And yes, I have reported this to them in detail on at least 5 occasions.
> The last two times I didn't even get any type of acknowledgement.

I don't think you're going to have much luck with any xorg/xfree86
driver under APM or ACPI.  The problem is that X is all userland and
doesn't currently handle kernel events like acpi.  since ATI (and
nvidia) have to work with this infrastructure I don't hink you are
really going to see this situation change anytime soon.  Xorg and
linux kernel developers are planning to revamp the whole linux
graphics access system, but until that's done I wouldn't expect any
driver to fully support power management.

Alex