[ltp] Drivers for the R50p (183222U) wifi?

Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:19:39 -0400

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:11:36 +0200, Niel Lambrechts
<antispam@absamail.co.za> wrote:
> 1. Depends. If you buy the IBM card you can use madwifi with no issues
> afaik.
> 2. ATI's crappy fglrx driver has been through a multitude of releases:
> and still not fixed under ACPI, not sure about APM.
> And yes, I have reported this to them in detail on at least 5 occasions.
> The last two times I didn't even get any type of acknowledgement.

I don't think you're going to have much luck with any xorg/xfree86
driver under APM or ACPI.  The problem is that X is all userland for
the most part and doesn't currently handle kernel events like acpi D
states.  since ATI (and nvidia) have to work with this infrastructure
I don't think you are really going to see this situation change
anytime soon.  Xorg and linux kernel developers are planning to revamp
the whole linux graphics system, but until that's done I wouldn't
expect any driver to fully support power management.

Alex