toggle radeontool [was Re: [ltp] ACPI on T40]

Brian P. Flaherty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:49:50 -0400

Alexander Naumann <alexandernaumann@gmx.de> writes:

> Screen blanking works with the radeontool.

Did you tie radeontool to Fn-F3 (or some other key combination)?  On
my X31 under APM, Fn-F3 toggled screen blanking.  I'd like to retain
this under ACPI.

I tried ibm_acpi last night and most of it looked like it worked.  My
current plan is to have a shell script linked to the Fn-F3 event.  On
a key press, the script looks for a file in a tmp directory
somewhere (e.g., /var/tmp or /var/run).  If it doesn't find the file,
it turns the light off and creates the file.  If it finds the file, it
removes it and turns the light back on.

I think this will work, but it seems like a sloppy way to do it.  I am
sure there are better ways to do it and I hope someone here will tell
me.

Thanks for your time.

Brian