[ltp] T42p and DVI out

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have IBM Thinkpad T42p (15inch 1600x1200 lcd
display) with ATI Mobility FireGL 2 128MB graphics
card. I have IBM Thinkvision L200p 20" LCD Monitor
which can support 1600x1200.

I am trying to get the DVI out of the port replicator
work with this external LCD monitor. So far, I have
been completely unsuccessful with that. I can get a X
windows in 1600x1200 resolution working just fine with
the laptop's 1600x1200 screen - however doing Fn+F7
with DVI cable connected to the monitor does not do
anything.

If I connect a regular analog VGA cable to the LCD
monitor, Fn+F7 works fine and I get 1600x1200 X on
both the external and internal together (mirrored of
course).

anyone has made the DVI out work ? I am using X.org's
6.7 release version with suse 9.1 professional. I am
using X.org's radeon driver.

thanks,
Osho