[ltp] T42p and DVI out

Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:37:20 -0400

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:37:29 -0700 (PDT), Osho GG <oshogg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have IBM Thinkpad T42p (15inch 1600x1200 lcd
> display) with ATI Mobility FireGL 2 128MB graphics
> card. I have IBM Thinkvision L200p 20" LCD Monitor
> which can support 1600x1200.
>
> I am trying to get the DVI out of the port replicator
> work with this external LCD monitor. So far, I have
> been completely unsuccessful with that. I can get a X
> windows in 1600x1200 resolution working just fine with
> the laptop's 1600x1200 screen - however doing Fn+F7
> with DVI cable connected to the monitor does not do
> anything.
>
> If I connect a regular analog VGA cable to the LCD
> monitor, Fn+F7 works fine and I get 1600x1200 X on
> both the external and internal together (mirrored of
> course).
>
> anyone has made the DVI out work ? I am using X.org's
> 6.7 release version with suse 9.1 professional. I am
> using X.org's radeon driver.

try the Xorg 6.8.0 release candidate.  Some of the display handling
code was rewritten when r400 support was added.  Ati also did a major
re-write of the display handling code, but it did not apply cleanly to
cvs after the DRI merge so it was left out for later.  I suspect it
will get merged in fairly soon after 6.8.0 is released.  also as Andre
said, change the output to DVI in the bios.

Alex