[ltp] T23 acpi and apm help

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:23:36 -0700

I have a thinkpad t23 with the latest management controller and bios
from IBM's website on it along with a custom 2.6.8.1 kernel I compiled
with ACPI support.  I can get a variety of suspend events to work but
the problem is with interrupt panics and kernel stack trace errors
when the laptop comes back.  Out of 3 or so test suspends using a
little tool I found called acpitool which issues a sleep command, the
laptop will kernel panic when it resumes.  I've tried a few different
combinations of things like turning of PCI power management, compiling
the kernel with a local APIC, but the problem persists.  I see a lot
of stack trace errors each time regarding PM events, etc.  Its hard to
capture them reliably since they fill the screen each time and the
laptop is locked down solid.

Using APM the same problem occurs with regularity.  I have not tried a
recent 2.4 kernel with only APM.

On XP Pro, the laptop suspends and resumes normally.

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com