[ltp] T41P dockingstation

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:17:53 -0700

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:05:21 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:04:35 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Driver options are great, but I sorta would like it automatic. Basically
> > > run my LCD at 1280x1024, and the external monitor at 1600x1200. Is this
> > > possible?
> > >

> > well not automatically, but yes, it is possible, either as dualhead or
> > in a clone config.
>
> Keep in mind I've never used a tocking station, so YMMV.  The radeon
> driver itself supports dualhead properly.

Just curious. Does radeon driver support it well enough that if I
undock my laptop - it would switch to single head without having to
restart  X server? And if I dock it again, I should have dual-head
display configuration again.

In my office, I have external 1600x1200 LCD display and my T42p's
internal display is 1600x1200 as well. It would be great if I could
get a configuration like above working with radeon or ATI's binary
drivers.

thanks,
Osho