[ltp] T23 acpi and apm help

Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:56:03 +0300

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 11:23:36AM -0700, Michael Perry wrote:
> I have a thinkpad t23 with the latest management controller and bios
> from IBM's website on it along with a custom 2.6.8.1 kernel I compiled
> with ACPI support.  I can get a variety of suspend events to work but
> the problem is with interrupt panics and kernel stack trace errors
> when the laptop comes back.  Out of 3 or so test suspends using a
> little tool I found called acpitool which issues a sleep command, the
> laptop will kernel panic when it resumes.  I've tried a few different
> combinations of things like turning of PCI power management, compiling
> the kernel with a local APIC, but the problem persists.  I see a lot
> of stack trace errors each time regarding PM events, etc.  Its hard to
> capture them reliably since they fill the screen each time and the
> laptop is locked down solid.
>=20
> Using APM the same problem occurs with regularity.  I have not tried a
> recent 2.4 kernel with only APM.

I've had problems with the laptop freezing a second after a resume,
perhaps two times out of three.  I've traced the freezes to an apm
script that runs hwclock.  Commenting out the hwclock call in the apm
script fixed the problem, and now suspends are completely reliable.

T23, 2.4 kernel (2.4.26 currently, but I had an older version when I
still had hwclock in my apm scripts), APM.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--