[ltp] R40 - mainboard replacement

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:46:42 +0200

> a burocratic and slow process, but well documented and conveniently
> published in the internet can help others to take in consideration those
> facts before buying because selling machines is the bussiness here.

This just reminds me of the Thinkpad WIKI thing. What's the status?

I think such a site would be a good spot for public evaluation of IBM
products. There is a (german based) forum site about desktop TFT
displays (with some english boards as well) which already has some
impact on hardware providers and german TFT redistributors.

A mailing list alone is just too much of an insiders thing.

We have seen that IBM had to react on the fan problem sooner or later
since it found widespread notion in public evaluations of their
products. Problem is that they took the microsoft way of solving it:
when your light bulb doesn't work, claim darkness an industry standard.
So we need continued public notion of the fact that the problem is not
solved at all and that it is not a feature.

André.