[ltp] THinkpad t23 1.13ghz and mplayer

Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:26:18 +0300

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 11:30:30PM -0700, Dugan Chen wrote:
> Did you optimize the performance of your DVD drive? I have the exact same=
=20
> Thinkpad model, and
> on mine the command to do so is:
>=20
> hdparm -d1 -c1 -X66 /dev/hdc
>=20
> That turns on 32-bit access, enables DMA, and sets the drive to UDMA mode=
 2.

Also try

  setcd -x 24

or

  hdparm -E 24

to set the read speed to 24x.

The read speed of the DVD drive can be limited to something like 10x if
you select the silent option in the BIOS.

cdrecord -prcap can show you the current read speed setting.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the "microsoft
approach to programming" and should never be allowed.
		-- Linus Torvalds

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE--