[ltp] thinkpad 600x irda / palm 3 / mandrake 10

Thu, 9 Sep 2004 00:53:03 +0300

--aYDVKSzuImP48n7V

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:55:00AM -0500, David Smith wrote:
> gad, eventhough it was in the subject line, i forgot to mention i want to
> synv via irda. i dont have a usb sync cable and the serial base is not
> convenient to schlep around with the laptop.
>=20
> i have not read the visor howto, ill check it out.

Have you tried the IrDA HOWTO?  I was very useful for me.  This mailing
list also provided some clues that enabled me to set up FIR (4 Mbit/s)
instead of just SIR (115 Kbit/s).  It is a pity that Palms do not
support FIR.

I can hotsync my Tungsten T via IrDA on my T23 with pilot-link.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Give a man a computer program and you give him a headache, but teach him to
program computers and you give him the power to create headaches for others=
 for
the rest of his life...
        -- R. B. Forest

--aYDVKSzuImP48n7V