[ltp] R40 - mainboard replacement

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:41:33 -0400

Considering that you've already had it in, I doubt they'd believe it
failed.  However, given that it won't boot, that sounds to me like it's
a warranty issue, no matter what happened with the supervisor password.
  If it can't boot, because it's looking for a bootup password, you can
erase what it's looking for, by following the instructions in the
Hardware Maintenance manual (download from IBM).