[ltp] Getting Kwifimanager to work

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:18:34 -0700

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:43:45 -0700, John Locke <mail@freelock.com> wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to get Kwifimanager to work in SuSE 9.1?  While
> > the signal strength indicator works fine, the configuration part
> > doesn't even save any settings (at least not that I can see).  The
> > same configuration panel also appears in the Control Center, but it
> > doesn't work there either.
> >
> > I've got SuSE running on a ThinkPad R31, with the Prism WiFi chip set.
> >
> > tnx jk
> >
> I'm afraid I'm not much help here, but I can say I've had exactly the
> same results with Kwifimanager. Only I was on a Toshiba with Mandrake
> 10.0 and the Prism WiFi chip set. I could see the signal strength and
> settings, but when I made changes they never semed to get saved or applied.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> John Locke
> Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems
> http://freelock.com

I actually got kwifimanager working on mepis RC5 awhile ago; but it
would not really switch on the wireless interface so I ended up just
using the usual scripts under /etc/pcmcia to control the interface,
WEP keys, etc.

All I use here are orinoco classic gold cards.

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com