[ltp] DVI out on T42p - how to make it work?

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:50:43 -0700

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:16:29 +0100, Jonathan Gittos <jonathan@gittos.com> wrote:
> Singlehead works fine but make sure that you boot / resume the machine
> out of the docking station and then plug it in once you've passed the
> boot splash screen.
>
> Dualhead works fine with the analog vga cable - all of us have struggled
> with DVI out and Dualhead.
>
> Let me know if you need the XFree86config (I'm susing SuSE 9.1 as well)

Thanks Jonathan. Please do send me your XFree86config. Which version
of X.org/XFree86 are you running and which driver are you running (ATI
or open source)?

Right now I am interested in just a singlehead. I should make it work
with DVI first before trying out dualhead or xinerama or anything
else.

Just to make sure that by singlehead, you mean X that will display on
only one monitor - which is either Thinkpad LCD or DVI monitor, right?
How do you switch between the two? Does Fn+F7 work ? I have found that
Fn+F7 works only for VGA output for me.

thanks,
Osho