[ltp] Kmilo thinkpad plugin and SUSE 9.1

Nguyen The Toan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:34:38 -0500

On Saturday 11 September 2004 11:55 am, Osho GG wrote:
> > On Monday 02 August 2004 22:34, Nguyen The Toan wrote:
> > > Hi, does anybody know how to activate kmilo plugin for thinkpad buttons
> > > in Suse 9.1? It shows up in the Kontrol center but nothing happens when
> > > I press any thinpad buttons.
>
> Toan,
>
> make sure that in additional to right permission to /dev/nvram, nvram
> kernel module being loaded etc. the kmilo service is configured to run
> at the startup. You can check this in Kcontrol -> KDE Components ->
> Service Manager. Make sure that KMilo is in the "Startup Services"
> section.
>
> Second, goto KControl -> System Administration -> IBM Thinkpad Laptop.
> In that make sure that Run Thinkpad Buttons KMilo plugin is checked.
> Also chekc the "Change volume in software" button if you have R30/R31
> etc.
>
> restart KDE and the buttons should be working. If they still do not
> work make sure thta tpb works fine and then recheck all the KControl
> settings.
>
> Osho

Thanks. I don't have Kmilo in the "Startup Services" in KControl. Do you know
how to add them? Reinstall kmilo doesn't help. From what I read on the net,
SUSE disable kmilo by default. tpb works perfect.

Thanks.

Toan