[ltp] xorg 6.8

Svein Larsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:10:49 +0200

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 21:02, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

> Which card and which driver do you use to get such an impressive frame
> rate?

I have no clue what is good framerate so now you made me happy telling
me i have a good framerate :)

I'm using ATI Radeon 9000 Mobile i think - the default inside my R50.
As i said i just installed xorg 6.8.0 and using radeon driver with
following settings:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard1"
    Driver      "radeon"
    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility M9"
    Option      "DynamicClocks" "True"
    Option      "AGPMode"       "1"
    Option      "AGPFastWrite"  "True"
    Option      "EnablePageFlip"    "True"
    Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Thats it.

On xorg 6.7.x i got ~4100 fps - tried both ATI's native fglrx and radeon
driver - but there i didnt specify AGPFastWrite and EnablePageFlip as i
found giving good performance.

- Svein