[ltp] xorg 6.8

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:24:21 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 21:10, Svein Larsen wrote:
> On xorg 6.7.x i got ~4100 fps - tried both ATI's native fglrx and radeon
> driver - but there i didnt specify AGPFastWrite and EnablePageFlip as i
> found giving good performance.

I have an X31 with a Radeon Mobility M6 LY and I have the following in
my xorg.conf (6.8.0):

Section "Module"
        Load            "dri"
        Load            "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Radeon"
        Driver          "radeon"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName       "Radeon Mobility M6 LY"

        Option          "AGPMode" "4"
        Option          "AGPFastWrite" "on"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip" "on"
        Option          "DynamicClocks" "on"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode            0666
EndSection

Direct rendering is enabled:
sponge portage # glxinfo | grep -i render
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20030328 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 NO-TCL

Here glxgears only reports a dull 241.000 FPS... any ideas how I can
improve that?

Sincerely,
Brix
--