[ltp] DVD cpu usage

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:06:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 12:03:24PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 12:34:11 -0400, Joan Roig Amorós wrote:
> > > Anybody can give me a clue about this? I have tried mplayer, vlc and xine. I
> > > use the same XFree configuration that I used previously, XFree radeon module
> >
> > Try mplayer -vo x11 to force it to use video overlay.
>
> Shouldn't that be -vo xv?

"-vo dga" uses the least CPU (assuming it doesn't have to stretch the
video), as it sets your monitor to the resolution of the image.

LEO:  Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple
it to your boss' face, oh no.  Eat a bucket of tuna-flavored pudding
and wash it down with a gallon of strawberry Quik.  -- Weird Al