[ltp] Suspend to Disk garbage screen workaround: for Xfree86 4.4.X or X.org 6.8.0 + ACPI

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:04:27 -0700

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:07:17 +0200, Konstantin Filtschew
<mailoperator@uni.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've talked to some people and found out, that there is a missing implementation
> in the DRI Modules for suspend with ACPI. APM should work fine without!
>
> I've posted a bugtrack and wrote a script to get it still working, so you are
> able to use X.org with DRI and still use Suspend to Disk with ACPI.
>
> You don't need this for Suspend to RAM and for APM. This should work for all
> the people, who gets a garbage screen after resume.
>
> It works, but I had also system freezes because of the faked Xsession, which
> fixes the garbage screen.

Thanks for the script. Regard X.org 6.8 - did this work with ATI's
fglrx driver as well or just the radeon driver?

Osho