[ltp] Location of echi-hcd module

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:14:45 -0400

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 21:28, after a long battle with technology,
James McKenzie wrote:
> I'm looking for a precompiled module (.o) of the echi-hcd (USB 2.0)
> driver so that I can use a PC Card USB Adaptec card.
> Any idea where I can find it for RH 9.0 or where I can find the
> source? I am using a 2.4 level kernel.

?  I'd think there should be an ehci-hcd module
under /lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/usb/ .  But...

ehci-hcd wasn't ready for prime time until kernel 2.4.19.  If DeadRat
9.0 shipped with an earlier kernel, you need to go get the latest
kernel update RPM, and ehci-hcd will be in there.  If there's no newer
kernel update RPM for DeadRat 9.0, download the source tarball for a
kernel >= 2.4.19 from ftp.us.kernel.org and do the "make menuconfig &&
make bzImage modules modules_install" thing.  Make sure to enable EHCI
when you do "make menuconfig".

--
   Three disks for /usr/bin under the Sun
   Seven for the workers paging through their E-mails