[ltp] [ACPI] fan always on: ACPI on IBM ThinkPad R51 (update)

Frederik Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:37:53 +0200

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Johannes Hofmann wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:39:51PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>> I added an option in xorg 6.8.0 called "DynamicClocks" that turns on
>> automatic clock scaling on radeons.  it's not a full powerplay
>> implementation (I don't think it handles the chip gating and such),
>> but it does help for some people.
>>
>> Alex
>>

>This works great for me on a T42p. Together with Enhanced Speedstep the
>fan stays quiet almost all the time.

I would love to have a quite T41... When is Debian finally releasing
some xorg packages? Does anybody know? (I don't want to switch the
distribution).

Bye,
	Frederik!