[ltp] [ACPI] fan always on: ACPI on IBM ThinkPad R51 (searching for T41)

Patrick Huber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:12:40 +0200

Well, I have a T41p and moved to xorg with DynamicClocks on too and I use
powernowd to change the cpu speed. All this is running under ACPI.

On AC the fan is always on with the lowest system temp around 43 degrees C.
But it's not  very loud. I almost can't hear it and got to get pretty close
to be sure the fan is running.