[ltp] x31, X11R6.8 and Xinerama

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:22:08 +0200

--=-3/vBgTVI0A29iZP/5s9h

Hi,

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 22:10, Steve Harris wrote:
> > Is there anybody out there who has a working configuration
> > for X11R6.8 with xinerama on a x31 with ati mobility m6 ly?

I have a working Xinerama setup using the new MergedFB options of
X11R6.8.0. My xorg.conf is attached.

Sincerely,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gimp.org>

--=-3/vBgTVI0A29iZP/5s9h

# /etc/X11/xorg.conf
#
# 2004-09-12 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gentoo.org>
#
#       Notes:
#       * Config for the X.Org Foundation X11R6.8.0 release
#
#       Hardware:
#       * IBM Thinkpad X31

Section "Files"
        # location of RGB database
        RgbPath         "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

        # local font server on unix socket
        FontPath        "unix/:-1"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        # using acpi-enabled kernel - /dev/apm_bios not present
        Option          "PM" "off"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load            "dbe"           # double-buffering extension
        Load            "extmod"        # commonly used server extensions
#        Load            "fbdevhw"       # functions for talking to framebuffer device
        Load            "dri"           # direct rendering infrastructure
        Load            "glx"           # OpenGL X protocol interface

        Load            "v4l"           # video4linux

        Load            "record"        # Xevent recorder

        # following two modules needed if not running xfs
        #Load            "freetype"     # freetype font rasterer
        #Load            "type1"        # type 1 font rasterer
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option          "Composite" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"

        # the microsoftinet model has support for the
        # forward/backward buttons
        Option          "XkbModel" "microsoftinet"
        Option          "XkbLayout" "dk"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mice"
        Driver          "mouse"

        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol" "Auto"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Radeon"
        Driver          "radeon"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName       "Radeon Mobility M6 LY"

        Option          "AGPMode" "4"
        Option          "AGPFastWrite" "on"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip" "on"
        Option          "RenderAccel" "on"
        Option          "DynamicClocks" "on"

        # enable radeon specific xinerama
        Option          "MergedFB" "on"
#        Option          "MergedFB" "off"

        # external monitor timings
        Option          "CRT2HSync" "30.0-68.0"
        Option          "CRT2VRefresh" "50.0-110.0"

#        Option          "CRT2Position" "Clone"
#        Option          "CRT2Position" "LeftOf"
#        Option          "CRT2Position" "RightOf"
        Option          "CRT2Position" "Above"
#        Option          "CRT2Position" "Below"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor"
        VendorName      "Unknown"
        ModelName       "Unknown"

        # comment this out when using MergedFB
#        DisplaySize     245 185

        Option          "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen"
        Device          "ATI Radeon"
        Monitor         "Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24

        Subsection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

                # uncomment this for MergedFB
                Virtual         1024 1536
        EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier      "ServerLayout"

        Screen          "Screen"
        InputDevice     "Mice" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice     "Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode            0666
EndSection