[ltp] T42 won't power off after shutdown/halt/poweroff

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:57:56 -0400

On Thursday 16 September 2004 10:51 pm, J.V. wrote:
> I can't get the system to turn off after a shutdown -h, halt, init 0,
> or poweroff. =A0The screen turns off after a message displays about
> powering off but the fan is still spinning and unplugging the AC
> makes it beep.
>
> I tried various combinations of the following lilo parameters:
>
> =A0 =A0apm=3Doff
> =A0 =A0acpi=3Don
> =A0 =A0acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios
> =A0 =A0noapic
> =A0 =A0nolapic
>
> when use nolapic, it hangs during boot at:
>
> =A0 =A0Calibrating delay loop...

Yes, nolapic is the one you want, at least it works on my T41, but since=20
2.6.7-mm you have to disable lapic in kernel config.  Adding LILO parameter=
=20
doesn't work.
=2D-=20
/g