[ltp] New ATI 3.12.0 drivers - seem to be worse than 3.9.0

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 05:46:48 -0700

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:16:35 +0100, Hamie <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
> >This is a known issue with the fglrx driver and X11-Xorg 6.8.0/6.8.1.
> >Using opengl crashes the X server because of slight binary
> >incompatibles. ATI is aware of this and have said they are looking into
> >the issue and will hopefully release a fixed version soon.
> >

> Have they said anything about making it work on laptops when
> suspending/resuming? I've tried sending feedback & never gotten so much
> as a hint (Either by email or in the way of fixes) over the last 6
> months with their drivers...

I would like to know that very much as well..

Also, does anyone know that if one wants to enable RenderAccel for
X.org 6.8 - is that possible with ATI drivers (I now Nvidia drivers
support that). Also, has anyone been able to get xcompmgr work with
X.org 6.8.1 and ATI cards 9500 or newer without having to slow it down
majorly?

thanks,
Osho