[ltp] T42p keyboard weirdness

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:13:56 -0400

--=-=-=

/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| it. The machine is just sitting there. (Actually, it's downloading
| J2SE on eth0, I think).

And that turned out to be related, to my great surprise. I thought the
throughput really sucked so I aborted the download and went off to
another machine.

Low and behold, when eth0 is quiet, the numlock light doesn't blink.
What's up with that? :-)

Using ath0 doesn't cause the numlock issue, but throughput sure looks
bad. (That's odd for a different reason though, must just be a latency
issue. Downloading from the web, I was getting 100*bytes*/sec, but if
I scp from another machine locally, I get 319K/s which seems much more
reasonable.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--