[ltp] kernel 2.6.8.1 with latest acpi patch and softwaresuspend 2

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:22:03 -0700

Seem to be having difficulties appling the core patch for sofware
suspend 2 on a 2.6.8.1 kernel.  I downloaded the version specific and
core patch and the first applies cleanly.  Anyone applied the core
patch on a 2.6.8.1 kernel with success and if so, what was the
sequence of events?  I get lots of rejected hunks on the core package
but the version specific one applies fine.

I have already applied the latest acpi patch successfully and compiled
that kernel with no problems and I can now suspend the laptop (IBM
ThinkPad T23 with latest bios) with no problems in a variety of ways.
I would like to try using softwaresuspend 2 also.
--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com