[ltp] kernel 2.6.8.1 with latest acpi patch and softwaresuspend 2

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Michael Perry wrote:

> Seem to be having difficulties appling the core patch for sofware
> suspend 2 on a 2.6.8.1 kernel.  I downloaded the version specific and
> core patch and the first applies cleanly.  Anyone applied the core
> patch on a 2.6.8.1 kernel with success and if so, what was the
> sequence of events?  I get lots of rejected hunks on the core package
> but the version specific one applies fine.

<AOL>
Me too.
</AOL>

Is it known not to work with this version?  Conversely, who has applied
the patch successfully?  Or am I doing it wrong?

Does it work with 2.6.9?  If it does. I'll just upgrade to that.

      safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin