[ltp] Thinkpad keyboard verndor in US that ships internationally?

Nick Bower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:15:04 +0200

> I got my last one (For an A20p) direct from IBM UK...

Check out this reply from IBM UK.  Never before has it been so difficult
to buy a laptop part.  IBM IT or UK will not sell to the public and
trying their resellers for parts is absolutely *hopeless*.  IBM USA was
a dream when living in the states for this sort of thing, but of course
they won't ship overseas.

Dear Nick,

I refer to your e-mail dated 26th of August 2004 regarding a replacement
keyboard.

Thank you for contacting the IBM Public/Group Sites and ERC Helpdesk
with your enquiry.

Unfortunately IBM does not sell direct to the public, however, one of
our resellers will be happy to assist you.
For dealers in your area please refer to the below website.
Dealer Locator website:  http://www.pc.ibm.com/europe/locator_uk.html

Please find below the link to Toye Computers who may also be able to
help you. http://www.toyecomputer.co.uk

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact
us at shophelp_uk@vnet.ibm.com.

Any requests sent through to the representative directly will not be
actioned immediately.

To directly receive IBM information tailored to your business needs,
access SelectInfo here: http://www-5.ibm.com/uk/profile/subscribe.html

Kind regards
Aino Maria Ranta
IBM Public/Group Sites and ERC Helpdesk